About The West Kirk
We are a small friendly congregation, providing a Church of Scotland presence in the west of the town. We are in the Presbytery of Dumbarton. Do come along to join us in worship or to take part in our community activities. All are welcome to share in our activities.
There has been Christian worship at this site since 1793, and our present church was built in 1888.
West Kirk is linked with Riverside Parish Church and St Andrew’s Bellsmyre. This triple linkage was completed on 17th January 2018 at a Presbytery service of linkage and induction. The Rev. Ian Johnson is our minister. He leads our ministry team which now includes, Development Worker Marie Clare Dungavell and Pastoral Assistant Maureen Burke.
Arrangements are now in place to ensure the continuation of services at all three churches in our linkage with a rota of worship leaders who have kindly agreed to assist our minister with services.
Regular Sunday Service times will alternate during the year. Please see our service diary for details.
We celebrate communion on the first Sundays of March, June and October and may sometimes have an informal communion service at other times.
We are an active member of Dumbarton Churches Together, sharing in joint activities with other churches in the town.
We have ramp access to both the hall and the church and have an induction loop system available in the church. The hall access has recently been upgraded with a new ramp being installed. The ramp access to the church can be found at the rear on the side of the church nearest the hall.
For a list of activities and organisations linked to Dumbarton: West Kirk please click here
Find or Contact The West Kirk
For directions and contact information please click here
Visit our main website here: https://www.dumbartonwestkirk.org