About the Church of Scotland in Dumbarton
The three congregations within the town of Dumbarton (St Andrews, Riverside and The West Kirk) are now linked with a view to some form of union at a future date. This triple linkage was completed on 17th January 2018 at a Presbytery service of linkage and induction.
Services start at 11:15 on Sunday mornings alternating between Dumbarton Riverside and The West Kirk, streamed to St Andrews, and on occasion a 10am “live” service in St Andrews. Masks are no longer mandatory. Services are streamed & recorded via YouTube – you can watch live or catch up later. Follow our regular Sunday service using the links below:
- Sunday Worship 28 May 2023Our service starts at 11:15am, streamed to St Andrew’s and YouTube. All Welcome.
- Sunday Worship, 21 May 2023Our service starts at 11:15am in Riverside, streamed to St Andrew’s and YouTube. All are welcome. Order of Service for Sunday 21 May 2023
Click here to view more services and to watch the livestream/recordings
News and Information
- General Assembly 2023Follow the Assembly online at the Church of Scotland website: General Assembly 2023 – Livestream Livestream | The Church of Scotland https://stream1.churchofscotland.org.uk/about-us/general-assembly/2023/livestream The 2023 General Assembly will be held from Saturday 20 May until Thursday 25 May. It will be a hybrid event, with some attending in the Assembly Hall …
- Coronation Funday 7 May 2023On Sunday May 7 Riverside will be hosting a Coronation Funday in the church halls. All are welcome 12:15-15:00 •Bouncy Castle •Face Painting •Crafts •Name the Corgis •Find the Crowns •Ice Cream •Cartoons •Beat the Goalie •Baby & Toddler area
- Holy Week 2023Maundy Thursday Communion Service in St Andrew’s at 7pm on 6th April Good Friday Service in Riverside at 7pm on 7th April Easter Sunday Service in West Kirk at 11.15am on 9th April
- Dumbarton Churches Together Walk of WitnessOn Good Friday the Walk of Witness will have three starting points at 10.45am – St Peter’s church, Dalreoch United Free Church & Silverton Christian Organisation – with those taking part meeting in the town centre before making their way to St Serf’s in Levengrove Park. If you would like …
Click here for all news & information posts
Thought for the Day
When restrictions were imposed due to the Covid Pandemic during 2020-21 the Minister published daily thoughts and prayers:
- Happy New Year, 1st January 2022
- Thought for the day 30 June
- Thought for the day 29 June
- Thought for the day 28 June
- Thought for the day 26 June
- Thought for the day 25 June
- Thought for the day 24 June
- Thought for the day 23 June
- Thought for the day 22 June
- Thought for the day 21 June
- Thought for the day 21 June
- Thought for the day 19 June
- Thought for the day 18 June
- Thought for the day 17 June
- Thought for the day 16 June
- Thought for the day 15 June
- Thought for the day 10 June
- Thought for the day 9 June
- Thought for the day 8 June
- Vaccination Thanksgiving
- Thought for the day 7 June
This is the joint website for Dumbarton: St Andrews, Dumbarton: Riverside and Dumbarton: West Kirk.
Further details about the three Church of Scotland parishes in Dumbarton can be found below:
A modern hall church in Bellsmyre, just north of the A82 off the Barloan Roundabout. Click on the image above for more details.
Situated in the historic heart of Dumbarton at the end of the High Street. Click on the image above for more details.
Located in West Bridgend across the River Leven, West of the town centre. Click on the image above for more details.